Thursday, April 8, 2010
Does BGSU think money grows on trees?
It seems like every semester students are getting bombarded with yet another fee. I set out to find some other fees Bowling Green State University pushes onto students, some of which students are probably not aware of. Some of these fees include Clinical Lab Fee, Course Fee, excess credit fee, physical education course fees, recreational sports fee, laundry fee, late registration fee, late payment fee, student teaching lab fee (and that is just some). Here is the complete list:
• Application Fee - Graduate
• Application Fee - Undergraduate
• Art Fees
• Audit Credit
• BGSU Estimated Fees
• Clinical Lab Fee
• Course Fees
• Credit by Examination
• Driver Education Fee
• Excess Credit Fee
• Green Initiatives Fund
• Health Insurance Coverage
• Installment Payment Plan Enrollment Fees
• Installment Payment Plan Late Fee
• Late Payment Fee
• Late Registration Fee
• Matriculation Fee
• Music Fees
• Physical Education Course Fees
• Recreational Sports Facilities
• Registration Fee
• Residence Hall Technology Fee
• Return Check Service Charge
• Service Charges
• Student Legal Service Option
• Student Teaching Laboratory Fee
I encourage readers to check this out. Some of these fee’s I didn’t even know existed!
One fee that really aggravates students is class fee.
Bowling Green State University offers a variety of classes; however some of these classes require students to pay an additional fee. Many students feel the expensive tuition should cover these expenses.
Many of the science classes require students to pay a Lab Fee. These fees can range from $50-100. Students are already paying around 1,000 for the class.